Horse Health Promoting with Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil is one of the most common and known essential oils. Because of its popularity, it can also be one of the most altered. When using this essential oil with horses, be sure you trust your manufacturer, if you are not getting the results you feel you should or the horse is experiencing rash or chemical burns to the skin, it is likely a sign that your essential oil is full of synthetics and not recommended to use with your horse. This is why some commercialized horse products that claim to have essential oils can be so detrimental to the horse’s health.
Benefits of Therapeutic Grade Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil is known as a “driving” oil, meaning it can be used to enhance the penetration and effects of the other essential oils it is used with. It is most known for aiding in times of nausea and digestive upset. It has very cooling properties and is great to help bring comfort and relaxation during times of pain. Peppermint essential oil can also be used to freshen the mind and bring awareness and focus. There are so many uses and purposes for this essential oil. It really is a must-have at the barn!
Peppermint Essential Oil Application Ideas for Horses
- Add one or two drops to your grain ration or a cookie to help support the digestive system. Great for promoting health during times of stress and when ulcers are suspected.
- Add one or two drops to some Epsom salts in a bucket and sponge the horse down during hot weather months for a nice cooling effect.
- Add to your homemade fly spray to detour flies.
- Use during training sessions and performances to promote focus and clarity.
- After calling a veterinarian this essential oil combined with DiGize essential oil blend can help support the digestive system during colic. Check out The ADR Animal Desk Reference by Melissa Shelton DVM, for the suggested protocol.
Don’t Allow Dangerous Health Risk Linger-
It can be overwhelming and confusing to know how to best care for your horse. It seems there are so many opinions, facts, and conflicting information out there! We want to help empower you to individualize your horse’s care with confidence and peace of mind… In my content, I share the story of supporting my mare through health concerns, naturally, after traditional methods had failed and euthanasia became the only recommendation veterinarians had for her. Part of our mission has to do with the success I had in helping her and wanting that for your horse… That’s why I put the steps I took and the principles I used in my book, Healthy as a Horse. Click Here to grab your copy today and start boosting equine digestive health and MORE.
I hope you found value in this post. Please share via your favorite social media page to help us on our mission to promote horse health and wellness. You will find share buttons at the bottom of the post.
Life is better when you’re horsin’ around!